Public Relations Study Program aimed at those who are willing to learn creating and maintaining positive image and reputation of a product, personal, organization and company. Through various courses that combine the theory of communication and practice, Public Relations Study Program designed to produce a public relations practitioner who has a deep analytical ability, capable of designing the brand-building strategies, having professional communication skills and establishing good relationships with various parties, mastering digital communication technology and being able to compete in the global era.
The study Program curriculum offers a 2 + 1 + 1 program that provides students with 2 years of experience in Malang Campus, 1 year in Jakarta Campus, and 1-year professional experience such as an Internship, Building a start-up business, Research, Community Development and Study Abroad.
To become a nationally recognised and global Public Relations Study Program in the development and implementation of Public Relations integrated with digital and creative technology by promoting local and national cultural wisdom.
The mission of S1 Public Relations study Program is:
- To provide innovative and creative educational programs to achieve the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required in Public Relations.
- To be an international research center that emphasizes scientific and technological development in Public Relations.
- Provide added value for local and international community through the implementation of Tri Dharma activities in the field of Public Relations study.
The objectives of the program are to produce practitioners and leaders who have ethical, credibility, and professionalism to improve the quality of life of Indonesia based on cultural values and wisdom of local and national cultures.
- To prepare students with theoretical and technical skills in line with the public relations industry.
- To prepare students with critical thinking, analysis, and strategic planning skills to succeed in a public relations career.
- To prepare students with the ability to build relationships with various organisations.
- To prepare students with the right information and communication technology skills in the field of public relations.
- To prepare students with managerial skills and entrepreneurship.
- To equip students with a lifelong spirit of learning.Student OutcomeAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to design, execute, and evaluate various Public Relations programs in various organizational level.
- Able to create better public understanding and image which will not cause public distraught due to its nonconformity to the law, social norms, and ethics, to increase public trust towards an individual/organization public opinion research and campaign.
- Able to manage organization’s internal and external media and Public Relations programs.
- Able to build relations with media community, government, private sector, and NGO by utilizing communication skills and communication technology.
- Able to identify, analyse strategic issues, and formulate alternative solution in Public Relations area.
- Able to practice branding activity through various digital platforms in any organizational level.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
Public Relations Study Program offers extensive industrial fields with prospective careers such as: Public Relations Executive, Public Relations Consultant, Strategic Planner, Spoke Person Expert, Branding and Social Media Strategist, Influencer, Event Planner and Consultant, Marketing Communication, Campaign Expert
Public Relations Study Program has Digital Public Relations streaming, which is focus on the skill of composing and implementing branding activities by utilizing technology and various digital platforms.
Sarjana Ilmu Komunikasi (S.I.Kom.)
Public Relations Study Program consists of 146 credits, divided into 8 semesters. Our 2+1+1 curriculum provides three-years (2+1) of study on campus which will strengthen student’s academic qualities. Meanwhile, the one-year enrichment program of professional/international experience will fortify student’s soft-skills. In order to ensure the quality of our graduates, we collaborate with various national industries, government and non-profit organizations through guest lecturing/sharing sessions/seminars, Global Learning System (GLS), joint projects, field trips, etc. Our teaching and learning process are also supported by various class models such as Regular Class, Creative Class, Smart Class and an integrated laboratory such as Public Relations and Conference Laboratory, MAC Laboratory, Computer Laboratory, Photography Laboratory, etc.
Sem Code Course Name SCU Total CHAR6030 Character Building: Pancasila 2 COMM6473 Introduction to Public Relations 4 COMM6313 Public Speaking* 4 COMM6276 Intercultural Communication 4 1 COMM6474 Corporate Relationship Management** 2 20 LANG6089 Indonesian Language 2 English Courses I ENGL6198 English in Focus 2 ENGL6199 English for Business Presentation 2 CHAR6031 Character Building: Kewarganegaraan 2 COMM6317 Communication Theories in Public Relations 4 Context COMM6478 Professional Communication in Business Setting* 2 2 COMM6315 Writing for Public Relations 4 20 COMM6338 Reputation Management** 4 ENTR6519 Entrepreneurship: Ideation 2 English Courses II ENGL6201 English Savvy 2 ENGL6200 English for Written Business Communication 2 CHAR6032 Character Building: Agama 2 ENTR6520 Entrepreneurship: Prototyping 2 COMM6479 Social Design Thinking 4 3 COMM6480 Consumer and Audience Analytics** 4 24 COMM6481 Strategic Planning in Public Relations 4 COMM6327 Crisis Management 2/2 COMM6482 Corporate Social Responsibility* 4 ENTR6521 Entrepreneurship: Market Validation 2 COMM6483 Communication Technology 4 Streaming: Digital Public Relations 4 COMM6332 Integrated Marketing Communication 2/2 20/20 COMM6484 SEM and SEO Management** 4 COMM6485 Public Relations Photography* 2 DSGN6800 Visual Design 4 Minor Program 14 RSCH6438 Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods in 4 Communication Context COMM6486 Workplace Ethics and Behavior 2/2 Streaming: Digital Public Relations 5 COMM6487 Branding and Advertising 2/2 24/24 COMM6488 Event Management* 4 COMM6489 Digital Platform Strategies** 4 COMM6490 Digital Analytical for Public Relations 4 Minor Program 16 6 Enrichment Program I 16 16 7 Enrichment Program I 16 16 8 RSCH6439 Thesis 6 6
- For 1st semester: For English Courses I, student with score Binus English Proficiency Test less than 500 will take English in Focus, and student with score test greater than or equal to 500 will take English for Business Presentation
- For 2nd semester: For English Courses II, student with score Binus English Proficiency Test less than 500 will take English Savvy, and student with score test greater than or equal to 500 will take English for Written Business Communication
Enrichment Program I (6th Semester) & Enrichment Program II (7th Semester):
- Student will take one of enrichment program tracks (off campus). See enrichment appendix for the tracks detail.
Track Semester 6 Semester 7 IN RS EN CD SA etc. IN RS EN CD SA etc. 1 v v 2 v v 3 v v 4 v v 5 v v 6 v v 7 v v 8 v v 9 v v Notes: IN : Internship RS : Research EN : Entrepreneurship CD : Community Development SA : Study Abroad Etc : Study program special purposes Notes: Student will take one of enrichment program tracks Enrichment Internship Track Code Course Name SCU Total Enrichment Program I COMM6346 Public Relations in Industrial Practices 8 16 COMM6348 Communication Strategy in Industry 4 COMM6349 EES in Public Relations Practices 4 Enrichment Program II COMM6354 Public Relations in Professional Practices 8 16 COMM6356 Globalized Networking in Industry 4 COMM6357 EES in Professional Public Relations Practices 4 For students who take Internship track in semester 7, should take these courses: Enrichment Program II 16 COMM6346 Public Relations in Industrial Practices 8 ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020 |5 COMM6348 Communication Strategy in Industry 4 COMM6349 EES in Public Relations Practices 4 Enrichment Entrepreneurship Track Code Course Name SCU Total Enrichment Program I ENTR6382 Business Start Up 8 ENTR6383 Business Model and Validation in Public Relations 2 16 Field ENTR6384 Launching New Venture in Public Relations Field 2 ENTR6385 EES in New Public Relations Business 4 Enrichment Program II ENTR6386 Growing a Business 8 ENTR6387 Lean Start Up & Business Plan in Public Relations 2 16 Field ENTR6388 Venture Capital in Public Relations Field 2 ENTR6389 EES in Public Relations Business Experience 4 Enrichment Research Track Code Course Name SCU Total Enrichment Program I RSCH6440 Research Design in Public Relations 8 RSCH6441 Academic Writing for Public Relations Research 4 16 RSCH6442 Global EES (Team Work, Communication, Problem 4 Solving & Decision Making) in Public Relations Enrichment Program II RSCH6443 Research Experience 8 RSCH6444 Scientific Writing for Public Relations Research 4 16 Global EES (Self-Management, Planning & RSCH6445 Organizing, Initiative & Enterprise) in Public 4 Relations Enrichment Community Development Track Code Course Name SCU Total Enrichment Program I CMDV6209 Community Outreach Project Implementation 8 CMDV6210 Community Outreach Project Design in Public 4 16 Relations Context CMDV6211 Employability and Entrepreneurial Skills in Public 4 Relations Context For students who only take Community Development track in Semester 7, should take these courses: Enrichment Program II CMDV6209 Community Outreach Project Implementation 8 16 CMDV6210 Community Outreach Project Design in Public 4 Relations Context CMDV6211 Employability and Entrepreneurial Skills in Public 4 Relations Context Code Course Name SCU Total Enrichment Program I GLOB6093 Elective Course for Study Abroad 1 4 GLOB6094 Elective Course for Study Abroad 2 4 GLOB6095 Elective Course for Study Abroad 3 4 GLOB6096 Elective Course for Study Abroad 4 4 GLOB6097 Elective Course for Study Abroad 5 2 GLOB6098 Elective Course for Study Abroad 6 2 16 GLOB6099 Elective Course for Study Abroad 7 2 GLOB6100 Elective Course for Study Abroad 8 2 GLOB6101 Elective Course for Study Abroad 9 2 GLOB6102 Elective Course for Study Abroad 10 2 GLOB6103 Elective Course for Study Abroad 11 2 GLOB6104 Elective Course for Study Abroad 12 2 Enrichment Program II GLOB6105 Elective Course for Study Abroad 13 4 GLOB6106 Elective Course for Study Abroad 14 4 GLOB6107 Elective Course for Study Abroad 15 4 GLOB6108 Elective Course for Study Abroad 16 4 GLOB6109 Elective Course for Study Abroad 17 2 GLOB6110 Elective Course for Study Abroad 18 2 16 GLOB6111 Elective Course for Study Abroad 19 2 GLOB6112 Elective Course for Study Abroad 20 2 GLOB6113 Elective Course for Study Abroad 21 2 GLOB6114 Elective Course for Study Abroad 22 2 GLOB6115 Elective Course for Study Abroad 23 2 GLOB6116 Elective Course for Study Abroad 24 2
Transferred courses will be transferred based on credit transfer policies on study program with total of 16 credits
Student should pass all these quality-controlled courses as listed below:
No. Code Course Name Minimal Semester Streaming Grade 1 CHAR6030 Character Building: Pancasila B 1 – 2 ENTR6521 Entrepreneurship: Market Validation C 4 – 3 COMM6474 Corporate Relationship B 1 – Management 4 COMM6315 Writing for Public Relations B 2 – 5 COMM6481 Strategic Planning in Public B 3 – Relations 6 COMM6486 Workplace Ethics and Behavior B 5 – 7 COMM6332 Integrated Marketing B 4 Digital Public Relations Communication 8 COMM6487 Branding and Advertising B 5 Digital Public Relations