Information Systems Accounting and Auditing
Information Systems / Information Technology (IS/IT) is essential to manage transactions, information, and knowledge necessary to initiate and sustain economic and social activities. These activities increasingly rely on globally cooperating entities to be successful. In many organizations, IS/IT is fundamental to support, sustain and grow the business. While many organizations recognize the potential benefits that technology can yield, the successful ones also understand and manage the risks associated with implementing new technologies. Another growing industry supported by technology is Financial, in a form of application, Financial Technology penetration broadly spread to the society. To understand more about Financial Technology environment, the knowledge about finance management, policy, financial services in certain area are some of the concerns to be prepared.
Therefore, in many organizations especially in an accounting firm as an external auditor and IT-dependent company such as banking, telecommunication and oil and gas as internal IS (Information Systems) Auditor, the demand of Information System Auditor is growing every year. Instead, by also understanding about Financial Technology environment, the information systems designer is becoming the most wanted profession in this digitalize world. Related with this opportunity, BINUS UNIVERSITY offering Information Systems Accounting & Auditing Program to fulfill the demand of IS Auditor and Financial Technology Specialist to prepare knowledgeable fresh graduate in that area.
The objectives of the program are:
- To provide students with a solid foundation of accounting, business process knowledge and applied skills and abilities that they will need as a system analyst.
- To provide student with a solid foundation of IT management and IS development ranging from fundamental principles to applied skills and ability in IT Service Delivery and Support, System and infrastructure life cycle management they will need in IS professional career.
- To provide students with the techniques and knowledge to analyze accounting information system as an accounting cycle system analyst or consultant.
- To provide students with techniques and knowledge to design and construct accounting information system.
- To provide student with a solid foundation of information systems-based audit ranging from fundamental principles to applied skills and ability in IS Risk Management, IT Governance, and protection of information assets they will need in IS audit professional career.
After completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Able to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Able to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Able to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
Able to support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment.
After graduating from Information Systems Accounting and Auditing Program, students can have career as:
Internal IS/IT Auditor
IS Security Consultant
IS Risk Management and Assurance Advisor
External IS/IT Auditor
Block chain Developer
Financial or Business Analysts
Cyber security Analyst
Business Process Analyst
Business Start Up Leader