Food Technology Study Program Bina Nusantara University aimed at those who are willing to learn more about food, and to work with innovative future foods, to solve major health issues by understanding functional foods, covers the design and production of foods with health benefits. Other subjects such as food chemistry, food processing, food microbiology, food safety, food packaging, human nutrition, food analysis, food product innovation, and food process engineering will be provided to understand and able to produce safe, healthy, high quality nutritious and tasty foods and beverages.
The Study Program is designed not only to meet the market needs but also to produce creative, innovative and productive graduates who are capable of food product innovation as well as food safety management system, with strong emphasis on engineering sciences, and providing graduates with entrepreneurship in food technology to meet global challenges on food and nutrition security.
The Study Program links to national and multinational food industry and universities all over the world are strong, and there will be one year enrichment program, with five tracts namely, study abroad, internship, entrepreneurship, research and community services to enrich the theory obtained in campus.
Facilities in the Study Program include well-equipped laboratories, namely Food Chemistry and Biochemistry, Microbiology, Food Processing, Physics, Computer, and Sensory Laboratories
- Food Industry: production, quality control, R&D in various national and multinational food industries.
- Food processing system designer/manager.
- Food safety management system designer/manager.
- Food product innovator.
- IT system/Software designer in supporting food processing.
- Researcher in food processing or food technology to support the Government or industry.
- Analyst in food policy, research, and implementation to develop food industry, food safety, nutrition, and food quality standards
- Consultant in food processing, product formulation, food safety, sanitation.
- Food Entrepreneur.