The Computer Science program teaches basic knowledge of computer science include algorithms, methods of application development and database technology with knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts. Curriculum designed based on international curricula ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) and input from business and industry. The graduate expected from this program can compete internationally and provide creative and innovative solutions in place of work.
Catalog 2017 (PDF), Catalog 2018 (PDF)
The objectives of the program:
- To provide students with a solid foundation of mathematical, algorithm principles, computer science knowledge and ethical that will be needed in IT practice
- To provide students with skills to apply design and development principles in the construction of software system applied in database technology, intelligence system, networking and multimedia development
- To prepare students with abilities to keep up-to-date with the latest Information Technology trends, developments and industries
- To prepare students with abilities in problem solving and good communication skills to be able to work as an individual or in a team in an IT environment
After completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to create software application design with the implementation of database system principal design to solve structured and semi-structured data
- Able to design software application solution based on problem analysis which can be solved with structured approach in informatics
- Able to assess technology trend in informatics area to deliver alternative solution of software development.
- Able to think critically through scientific rules (Critical Thinking and Scientific approach) based on basic mathematical theory and computer science.
- Able to design problem solving strategies using a computational approach.
- Proficient at using techniques and computing devices (Technique and tools for computing practice) that are relevant in studying the area of computer science to increase productivity.
- Able to demonstrate skills in the development and application of informatic concepts.
- Able to collaborate in a multidisciplinary manner to resolve various contexts of the problems.