- “Application” means an application for enrolment in an International Programme.
- “King’s” means King’s College London an institution incorporated by Royal Charter of The Strand, London, WC2R 2LS, UK.
- “Delivery Partner” is the Delivery Partner BINUS University appointed by King’s College London to act on behalf of King’s responsible for recruitment and admit students to the Programme.
- “Host Institution” is the local host organisation that is providing conference and/ or room facilities for the provision of the course.
- “Booking Agreement” means the Booking Form, these Booking Terms and Conditions and the Special Terms and Conditions.
- “Course” means a short course as per the Course Outline in respect of which an Application has been made by or on behalf of a Student.
- “Course Fees” means the fees payable in respect of a Course as set out in the Course Outline.
- “Special Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions contained in the Course outline and on the Course website.
- “Start Date” means the Course start date as set out in the Course outline and on the Course website.
- “Student” means the person in respect of whom an Application has been made.
- “Territory” means the country or territory in which the Course is being held.
- These Booking Terms and Conditions apply to the enrolment of the Student on the Course and provision of such Course by the Delivery Partner. The Delivery Partner and the Student are bound by the Booking Agreement upon acceptance of the Application made by or on behalf of the Student in accordance with clause 2.2. The Booking Agreement forms the entire agreement between the Delivery Partner and the Student with respect to the Course. Where there is any inconsistency between these Booking Terms and Conditions and the Special Terms and Conditions, the Special Terms and Conditions will take precedence.
- The Delivery Partner may accept or reject an Application in accordance with the King’s Admissions Criteria. The Delivery Partner must notify the Student in writing or by email accordingly. In some cases the admission decision may be referred to King’s, in which case King’s’ decision is final. Admission decisions for Applications from outside of the Territory are to be made by King’s.
- The payment of any sum intended to be the Course Fees by or on behalf of the Student does not oblige the Delivery Partner to accept an Application.
- The Student must pay the Course Fees to the Delivery Partner. The Course Fees are due on the earlier of (i) at the time of submission of the Application, or, (ii) if an invoice for Course Fees is requested by the Student at the time of submission of the Application, as per the terms laid out by the Delivery Partner. If an Application is rejected by the either the Delivery Partner or King’s after payment of the Course Fees, any Course Fees that have already been paid will be refunded in full by the Delivery Partner.
- If the Course Fees have not been received by the Delivery Partner in full by the relevant due date, the Delivery Partner may exclude the Student from the Course.
- The Delivery Partner accepts payment from individuals as advertised by the Delivery Partner. Where payment is made by bank transfer, the Student must notify the Delivery Partner of the payment.
- All payments of Course Fees must be made in local currency and are inclusive of VAT and other taxes where applicable. Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in connection with the payment of Course Fees are to be paid in addition to the Course Fees. No deduction from the Course Fees for such costs or charges may be made.
Cancellation and Amendment of Courses by King’s
- Courses have minimum required attendance levels and King’s reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Course if the minimum required number of Students has not been accepted for the Course.
- In addition, King’s reserves the right to:
- Change or amend the Course structure or content;
- Change or amend the individuals responsible for organising or delivering the Course, including the course tutor and
- Change the Course venue.
- The Delivery Partner will endeavour to inform Students about cancellations, postponements, and amendments to the Course with as much notice as possible.
- If the Course is cancelled by King’s, Course Fees received by the Delivery Partner in respect of the Course will be refunded in full if an alternative Course cannot be found.
Cancellation and Amendment of Courses by the Student
- Students can’t cancel their application for any reason and the fees that have been paid will not be refundable.
Provision of Courses
- The Student will be solely responsible for determining whether the Course is sufficient and suitable for their needs. Neither King’s nor the Delivery Partner provide any guarantee that the Student will achieve a satisfactory pass rate in any assessment which forms part of the Course, or that the Student will have any will have any particular degree of competence following on completion of the Course.
- The Student will provide King’s or the Delivery Partner with all information reasonably requested by King’s or the Delivery Partner in connection with the Course.
- Unless indicated otherwise, Course Fees do not include travel, accommodation, subsistence, insurance or other costs that might arise prior to or during the term of the Course.
- The Student agrees to comply with all applicable policies and regulations of King’s, the Delivery Partner and Host Institution
- King’s or Delivery Partner reserves the right to remove the Student from a Course or exclude a Student from course premises if the behaviour or demeanour of the Student is considered unacceptable.
- The Student warrants that it has all necessary visas, permissions and consents required for their stay and attendance of the Course.
- The Student will be responsible for organising their own travel and accommodation. King’s and the Delivery Partner will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any person or organisation in connection with travel, accommodation, reservations or other arrangements.
Limitation of Liability
- Subject to clause 7.3, the liability of King’s and the Delivery Partner to the Student with respect to the provision of the Course, the cancellation, postponement, or amendment or the Course, any negligence, any breach of the Booking Agreement, or arising in any other way out of the subject-matter of these Booking Terms and Conditions, shall not extend to any indirect losses or damages, or to any loss of profits, loss of contracts or opportunity, whether direct or indirect.
- In any event, subject to clause 7.3, the liability of the Delivery Partner to the Student with respect to the provision of the Course, the cancellation, postponement, or amendment or the Course, any negligence, any breach of the Booking Contract, or arising in any other way out of the subject-matter of these Booking Terms and Conditions is limited to the amount of Course Fees received from or on behalf of the Student in respect of the Course.
- Nothing in this Agreement will operate to limit or exclude the liability of King’s or Delivery Partner for death or personal injury arising from King’s negligence, fraud or any other liability that, by law, cannot be limited or excluded.
- King’s, the Delivery Partner or Host Institution accepts no liability for loss or damage to the Student’s property and shall not provide any insurance cover whatsoever to the Student.
- Views expressed by course faculty members are their own. King’s does not accept any liability for advice given or views expressed by course faculty members or in any notes or documentation provided to Students.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all courses are taught in English. King’s and the Delivery Partner do not accept any liability for any losses, costs or expenses incurred by or on behalf of the Student in connection with the Student’s lack of English language knowledge.
- The warranties and undertakings given by King’s in these terms and conditions are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, given in lieu of all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, including any relating to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular or any purpose, or the ability to achieve any particular result.
- King’s will not be liable for any failure or delay in the performance, in whole or part, of any of its obligations in connection with the provision of the Course arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control.
- These Booking Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which has arisen or may arise out of or in connection with them.
Published at :