People Innovation Excellence
 

4 Japanese Healthy Eating Rules for Health and Longevity

In addition to technological advances and rapid innovation, Japanese people are also famous for a healthy diet. No wonder, if many Japanese people have a slim body, youthful face, and live long. The average age of the Japanese population reaches 88 years for women and 81 years for men, it could even be more than that age. So, what are the Japanese eating rules that make them healthy and live a long life? It is compiled from Savvy Tokyo, here are some Japanese eating rules!

  • Implementing the ‘Hara Hachi Bu’ Diet

Hara Hachi Bu is an eating philosophy originating from Okinawa, Japan. Hara Hachi Bu means eating until 80 percent full and leaving 20 percent empty area in the stomach. The benefits of Hara Hachi Bu can reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, and stroke. The recommended type of food is low in calories and can be chewed finely.

  • Avoid Fast Food

After doing activities or coming home from work at night, the body’s energy becomes saturated and requires food intake. Before eating it, please consider whether the food is good to eat at night. Avoid consumption of fast food that contains a lot of fat, sugar, and preservatives. As much as possible cook yourself or provide nutritious food before leaving for work or activities.

  • Food Variety is Key

Traditional Japanese food is usually made on the principle of ichijyu sansai or one soup with three dishes of vegetables, rice, and fish. This is to balance a good diet and become one of the keys to a healthy Japanese diet. Fermented foods such as miso and soy sauce, are good for helping maintain the digestive system. In addition, dashi (soup broth) which is rich in taste is also useful for keeping salt levels as high as possible.

  • Eat a Balanced Nutritious Food

Food information for diet is very easy to find on various platforms. In Japan, bananas, natto, umeboshi (pickled plums), tofu, green tea and other foods are also believed to provide instant diet results. Only consuming these foods, the effect is very small if it is not followed by balanced nutritious foods, positive mindset patterns, and exercise.


Published at :
Written By
Lailatul Rifah
English Lecturer | BINUS Malang
Leave Your Footprint

    Periksa Browser Anda

    Check Your Browser

    Situs ini tidak lagi mendukung penggunaan browser dengan teknologi tertinggal.

    Apabila Anda melihat pesan ini, berarti Anda masih menggunakan browser Internet Explorer seri 8 / 7 / 6 / ...

    Sebagai informasi, browser yang anda gunakan ini tidaklah aman dan tidak dapat menampilkan teknologi CSS terakhir yang dapat membuat sebuah situs tampil lebih baik. Bahkan Microsoft sebagai pembuatnya, telah merekomendasikan agar menggunakan browser yang lebih modern.

    Untuk tampilan yang lebih baik, gunakan salah satu browser berikut. Download dan Install, seluruhnya gratis untuk digunakan.

    We're Moving Forward.

    This Site Is No Longer Supporting Out-of Date Browser.

    If you are viewing this message, it means that you are currently using Internet Explorer 8 / 7 / 6 / below to access this site. FYI, it is unsafe and unable to render the latest CSS improvements. Even Microsoft, its creator, wants you to install more modern browser.

    Best viewed with one of these browser instead. It is totally free.

    1. Google Chrome
    2. Mozilla Firefox
    3. Opera
    4. Internet Explorer 9
    Close