The Professional Engineer Program is a program designed to benefit working professionals who seek to increase their qualifications through specialized degree and professional certificate programs.
As a prerequisite, the student who wants to enter this program has to at least have 2 years of working experience in the engineering field after graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Sarjana Teknik (ST) or at least five years of working experience in engineering from Sarjana Sains (S.Si) and Sarjana Pendidikan (S.Pd) graduates.
For those who have at least 5 years of engineering work experience, the student can take the program with the method of Recognition to Prior Learning (RPL), which is carried out in one semester to get the professional degree of Certified Engineer or Insinyur (Ir.). In this program, the students who hold an accredited bachelor’s degree have to enhance their contemporary knowledge to lead and manage their improvement of professional progress in a highly competitive global environment.
As a new program in the Faculty of Engineering, the Professional Engineer Program is an urgent need in Indonesia to meet the number of professional engineers’ requests in any field of engineering that has been going on in Indonesia. Also, certification of the profession of engineer for Indonesian engineers is also indispensable to compete in the era of the ASEAN Economic Community (MEA), and even more to contest within the global.
This program provides availability to increase individual competence and professionalism through continuous professional development as well as to get a Certified Engineer. The scope of engineering disciplines in this program may cover civil engineering and the built environment; architecture, computer engineering, chemical engineering, industrial engineering, and food technology.
Vision and Mission
The most prestigious and dynamic Professional Program of Engineers in Indonesia by creating globally accepted professionals.
The mission of the Professional Program of Engineers is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Offering and inviting all professional practitioners to be certified in professional organizations and eager to continuously improve professional competencies.
- Ensuring the engineers comply with the criteria of professional development in order to maintain their professional competencies.
- Enforcing the laws, regulations, and standards that regulate engineering practice, or the use of the Engineer Profession title, in a fair and consistent way
Due to the broad field of professions involving engineering in its implementation, the following are the areas of the professional field where the candidates work, are eligible for PPE registration, but not limited:
- Higher Education and Technical Training
- Research, Development, Assessment
- Consultant and Construction
- Industrial Management, Manufacturing and Processing
- Mining and Minerals
- Natural / Biological Resources
- Assets Management Operation