Alexander Gunawan is a computer scientist and mathematician. He has great passion in Machine Learning and Data Science. He is adept in Deep Learning and Bayesian approaches. In his dissertation, he exploits Bayesian framework to develop fast and optimal algorithm in visual object tracking. He also has a great knowledge in industrial robotics and autonomous mobile robots, as well as in computer vision and natural language processing which has led him to has several publications within these subjects. He is regularly reviewer for international journals. His research interests are Drone and Mobile Robot Technology, Geo AI Data Science, IoT for Health Diagnostic.
Now, Alexander is Head of Double Majors Program at School of Computer Science, Bina Nusantara University. The Program is focused to develop an interdisciplinary study concerned with the finding of insight from large volumes of unstructured data, which is called as Data Science. This vast amount of data is called as Big Data and it can be analyzed using process-mining and data-mining techniques to understand how a business is performing and to identify new opportunities. He and his team developed and established this Data Science Program in Bina Nusantara University.
Driven with his passion and continuous innovation environment, Alexander together with other experts has an IP of Innovation in Data Science, Robotics and Machine Learning. He has also received several research grants from Government and NVIDIA International. Furthermore, He have several certificates mainly in Engineering Profession, Data Science, Deep Learning, Big Data, Bayesian Machine Learning, Python and R Programming Languages, and he is also a Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- Doctor in Computer Science, University of Indonesia (UI)
- Master of Electrical Engineering, Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB)
- Master of Science in Automation Engineering, Fachhochschule Darmstadt (FHD), Germany
- Bachelor in Mathematics, Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB)
- More than 10 years of experience as a Consultant, Facilitator, and Material & Concept Developer in Information Technology.
- More than 3 years of experience as Engineer in Industrial Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- More than 5 years of experience as Researcher in Data Science, Machine Learning and Robotics.
- Curriculum and content developer in specific area of expertise