PROTECTING BINUSIANs HEALTH
Jakarta, March 8, 2020
As of today (8/3/2020), there are 105,837 cases of Coronavirus spreading in more than 90 countries in the world. In Indonesia alone there have been four (4) people confirmed as infected. The government are trying to anticipate so that the worst possible case can be avoided.
BINUS UNIVERSITY is taking preventive measures with the aim of protecting BINUSIAN’s health and supporting continuing lecture activities, including in situations where face-to-face lectures are not possible. The efforts that are being carried out are checking the temperature at the entrance to the campus, increasing the frequency of cleaning using special disinfectants, increasing the procurement of hand sanitizers, and conducting healthy living campaigns.
Related to this, on March 3, 2020, BINUS UNIVERSITY issued a Circular No.0182/REK-SE/III/2020 concerning Organizing Lectures and Student Activities, with the following conditions:
- Starting with the 4th lecture week, there will be a change in the method of lecture implementation, where face to face (onsite) session are alternated with online sessions using Guided Self-learning Class (GSLC) method. For this reason, students must pay attention to delivery method changes and follow the schedule in BINUSMAYA.
- The implementation of thesis guidance and the guidance of the Enrichment Program is recommended to be carried out in the same manner.
- The implementation of the Enrichment Program for research, community development and entrepreneurship tracks are recommended to be carried out online, while the internship track will follow policies that apply in that company.
- Reduction in student activities organized by the Center/Study Program/Student Organizations, and if possible carried out online. For the time being, overseas student activities are suspended until further notice.
- For students who have just returned from overseas travel and/or have clinical symptoms (cough/runny nose, fever, respiratory problems, sore throat, fatigue and lethargy), are encouraged to limit interaction with others for ± 14 days after returning.
- BINUSIANs are urged to do the 9 (nine) main things according to the Healthy Student Movement Campaign, which was launched by BINUS in February 17, 2020, namely:
- Wash your hands often with soap
- Eat balanced food
- Drink at least 8 (eight) glasses of water a day
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask / tissue / and other covers if you sneeze, cough or have a runny nose
- Do not smoke
- Exercise regularly and get adequate rest
- Be careful when interacting with animals
- Do not consume meat that is not cooked properly
- Go to a doctor if you are not feeling well.
Rector of BINUS UNIVERSITY, Prof. Dr. Ir. Harjanto Prabowo, MM urged BINUSIANs to be responsible for maintaining personal health by implementing the ‘Healthy Student Movement’ campaign, “As a BINUSIAN, students must naturally take a responsibility to their health and wellbeing. BINUS UNIVERSITY invites you to join a movement called the Healthy Student Movement”. Prof. Harjanto also hopes that all BINUSIANs are always watched over by God.