Circular Letter for Students
Teaching-Learning and Student Activities
Following up the issuance of the Circular Letter No. 0182/REK-SE/III/2020 dated on 3 March 2020 and observing the recent development of the spread of Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) and the official statement from the World Health Organization that COVID-19 is a pandemic, BINUS University is taking the following proactive actions to protect the health of students at all levels (undergraduate and post-graduate programs):
- Starting from 18 March 2020 until the end of the Even semester 2019/2020, the teaching-learning activities are fully conducted by employing an online method guided by GSLC (Guided Self Learning Class).
- Both Mid- and Final Semester Examinations are administered in the form of take-home test and project.
- All Skripsi/Thesis/Disertation and Enrichment Program supervisory activities are conducted virtually.
- All Skripsi/Thesis/Disertation defense examinations are conducted through a video conference.
- All Enrichment Program activities for research and entrepreneurship tracks are held virtually, while internship and community development tracks are held in a work-from-home format until further notice.
- 6.All student activities organized by centers/study programs/student clubs are held virtually. All student activities which require travelling to other city or country are suspended until further notice.
- 7. All academic services are provided virtually. The service mechanism is to be informed through Binusmaya under Menu: Support, sub-menu: Download Center, category: Academic Service.
- Change of Student Graduation 2020 schedule is to be informed further.
With respect to the points above, all students are expected not to come to the campus and urged to return to their own homes.
We hereby conclude our points for your attention. This Circular Letter is effective until further notice. Official information from BINUS University will be updated in Binusmaya. Please stay alert and keep updated with information related to COVID -19 from trustworthy sources issued by the government of the Republic of Indonesia.
Jakarta, 14 March 2020
Prof. Dr. Ir. Harjanto Prabowo, MM
Note: This letter is an official translation to Surat Edaran Kepada Mahasiswa No.: 233/REK-SE/III/2020 tentang Penyelenggaraan Perkuliahan dan Kegiatan Kemahasiswaan issued by BINUS Global. In the event of any language incompatibility or differences in interpretation of the Indonesian and English versions, the Indonesian version prevails.