Circular Letter For Faculty Member
Catur Dharma Implementation for Corona Virus Spread Preparedness Effort
Following up the issuance of the Circular Letter No. 0186/REK-SE/III/2020 dated on 3 March 2020 and observing the recent development of the spread of Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) and the official statement from the World Health Organization that COVID-19 is a pandemic, BINUS University is taking the following proactive actions to protect the health of faculty members at all levels (undergraduate and post-graduate programs):
- Starting from 18 March 2020 until the end of the Even semester 2019/2020, the teaching-learning activities are fully conducted virtually by using an online method guided by GSLC (Guided Self Learning Class).
- Both Mid- and Final Semester Examinations are administered in the form of take-home test and project.
- All Skripsi/Thesis/Disertation and Enrichment Program supervisory activities are conducted virtually.
- All Skripsi/Thesis/Disertation defense examinations are conducted through a video conference.
1. All Community Development activities in the form of workshops are to be held virtually.
2. Other Community Development activities which require direct or physical interaction with the community are to be held in a different format.
- All business trips, which require traveling to other city or other country, for all activities related to research and publication, benchmarking study, national/international conference, and Focus Group Discussion are suspended. Alternatively, the participating Faculty member is encouraged to coordinate with the organising committee to request participation through online conference or video presentation.
- All research/seminar/focus group discussion/work-meeting/industry-collaboration activities that require interactions with external stakeholders from within Indonesia or overseas are postponed or conducted with other mechanisms.
- The Enrichment Program for research track and any supervisory activity with faculty members/lecturers are held virtually.
1. All self-development activities organised in the form of face-to-face workshop are to be held as online training through BEElajar application or any other online tool.
2. All training activities that require direct interactions will be conducted in a different format.
3. All external training activities are suspended and switched to be held virtually.
We hereby conclude our points for your attention. This Circular is effective until further notice. Official information from BINUS Univeristy will be updated in Binusmaya. Please stay alert and keep updated with information related to COVID -19 from trustworthy sources issued by the government of the Republic of Indonesia.
Jakarta, 14 March 2020
Prof. Dr. Ir. Harjanto Prabowo, MM
Note: This letter is an official translation to Surat Edaran Kepada Mahasiswa No.: 233/REK-SE/III/2020 tentang Penyelenggaraan Perkuliahan dan Kegiatan Kemahasiswaan issued by BINUS Global. In the event of any language incompatibility or differences in interpretation of the Indonesian and English versions, the Indonesian version prevails.