BINUS UNIVERSITY’S EFFORTS TO PROTECT THE STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES VIA ONLINE LEARNING
Jakarta, March 14, 2020 – Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in recent months, BINUS UNIVERSITY has made efforts to protect the health of students and the academic community. Since 17 February 2020, BINUS UNIVERSITY has carried out various preventive efforts through the BINUS UNIVERSITY has also implemented learning methods that are adapted to the existing situations through a blend of face-to-face and online learning.
Continuing on the Circular No. 0182 / REK-SE / III / 2020 dated 3 March 2020 and monitoring the development of the situation of the spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) as well as a statement from the World Health Organization that COVID-19 is a pandemic, BINUS UNIVERSITY is making additional efforts to protect the health all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level students with the following steps:
- Starting March 18, 2020, until the end of the Even semester 2019/2020 (July 2020), the lectures will be carried out in full by online GSLC (Guided Self-learning Class) method.
- Midterm Examination and Final Semester Examination are carried out with the Take-home test model.
- All thesis/dissertation guidance and the Enrichment Program guidance are carried out online.
- The entire thesis/dissertation examination is carried out through Video Conference.
- The entire implementation of the Enrichment Program for the research, entrepreneurship, internship and community development tracks are carried out online until further notice.
- All student activities organized by the Center / Study Program / Program / Student Organization are carried out online. All student activities abroad or out of town are suspended until further notice.
- All academic services are held online. The service mechanism will be informed via Binusmaya at the menu: Support, sub menu: Download Center, category: Academic Services.
- Changes to the 2020 Graduation Schedule will be informed later.
With regards to the abovementioned, it is expected that students do not come to campus and are encouraged to return to their respective homes.
All official information from BINUS UNIVERSITY will be conveyed through the student portal (BINUSMAYA). Please stay alert and continue observing the situation in Indonesia from trustworthy sources issued by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia.
For further information, please contact:
Gandy Pratama Jaya
Phone: 021-5345830 ext. 2224