Community Engagement and Growth Manager at Amnesty International Indonesia
A human rights specialist with 7-year track record of managing campaign, organising and activism
support portfolio in a dynamic non-profit environment.
I am passionate about inspiring and supporting volunteers / activists to work together in delivering
campaign outcomes and growing the human rights movement.
My strategic insights and strong analytical skills make me a good problem solver. Combined with my
diplomatic nature and good conflict resolution skills, I am adept at working with people from various
As a confident, articulate and well-presented communicator, I am skilled at tailoring my
communication style to suit diverse audiences and settings.
With my warm, open, and honest personality, I easily establish and maintain good relationship with
I am a hardworking team player who is eager to learn and grow through a challenging role that can
further strengthen my skills in strategic thinking, effective organising, and relationship building.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Strategic communication.
• Project management.
• Training design, delivery, and evaluation.
• Volunteer recruitment, retention, management.
• Campaign organisation and delivery.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Organisation – demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure.
• Communication – excellent ability to conduct professional communication with key contact persons
through face-to-face meetings, email correspondence, and phone calls.
• Interpersonal – proven record in building and maintaining productive working relationship with
people from various backgrounds and key organisation’s partners.
• Analytical and research – excellent at obtaining, synthesising, and critically reviewing information for
organisational reports and strategy analysis.
• Administration – ability to manage a diversity of routine functions and projects in fast-paced office
Community Engagement and Growth Manager
December 2017 – Present
Community Organizer (NSW) at Amnesty International Australia
May 2017 – December 2017 (8 months)
Activism Support Coordinator (NSW) at Amnesty International Australia
November 2014 – December 2017 (3 years 2 months)
Activism Support Coordinator (Western Australia) at Amnesty International
December 2011 – October 2014 (2 years 11 months)
• Coordinated activism support services for WA region, which includes providing advice to group
convenors on event process, organising stall kit for action groups, and developing / maintaining
activist Google site.
• Campaign logistical support and rapid supporter mobilisation.
• Organised training events and Amnesty International information sessions.
• Represented Amnesty International Australia as a speaker in external events such as The
Oaktree Foundation’s Generate Social Justice Career Night.
• Campaign resource management and distribution for volunteers and activists.
• Data entry management for supporter engagement.
• Effectively and efficiently worked with Community Organiser and key activists to organise Arms
Trade Treaty Media Stunt during Hillary Clinton’s visit in November 2012. The stunt caught media
attention and was reportedly captured by at least 6 media outlets.
• Successfully established work relationship with the NAIDOC Committee in 2012.
• Increased the number of volunteers recruited for NAIDOC Opening Ceremony 2013 by 150% from
• Delivered an engaging interactive guest lecture at Curtin University for its Master of Human Rights
class on Human Rights Advocacy, Activism and Social Change on 29 October 2013.
Community Organizer (Western Australia) at Amnesty International
August 2013 – November 2013 (4 months)
• Worked with Amnesty International activist leaders and action group members to develop local
campaign strategies consistent with AIA’s campaign and organisational objectives.
• Provided advice and support for activists organising campaign activities and events.
• Developed, implemented and evaluated strategies to strengthen the participation of activists in
AIA’s campaigns and activities.
• Developed and implemented plans and strategies for the recruitment and retention of activists and
action groups including the development of new action groups.
• Mentored activist leaders to ensure their development as defenders of human rights.
• Organised reports and evaluation for WA organising program.
• Worked with other team members to ensure the effective planning and coordination of organising
activities across Australia.
Campaign Team Member at Oaktree
2013 – 2013 (1 year)
Worked with the WA Campaign Team to strategically plan and organise local campaign initiatives
on Australia’s commitment to international aid.
Office and Volunteer Coordinator at Amnesty International
June 2010 – December 2011 (1 year 7 months)
• Designed, implemented and evaluated intern / volunteer recruitment, retention, and management
• Volunteer coaching and mentorship.
• Coordinated business administration services, which include developing business processes,
completing office cash reconciliation before deadlines, processing invoice payment, organising
reception desk services, procurement of office supplies, organisation of campaign materials,
maintenance of storage room and office premise including occupational health and safety.
• Undertook organisational analysis and produced recommendations to help streamline business
• Increased average volunteer service from 3 months to 6 months.
• Approximately 87% of our volunteers rated their volunteering experience with Amnesty as
‘excellent’ in March 2011 Survey.
Volunteer at Amnesty International
November 2009 – May 2010 (7 months)
• Conducted desk-based research and produced summary reports on two human rights issues: the
use of torture and its human rights implications in Southeast Asia; human rights, the Millennium
Development Goals and sexual violence in Cambodia.
• Assisted with the facilitation of student workshops aimed at raising awareness on human rights
• Provided general administrative support in the office.
Project Officer (Research) at Carpets for Communities
November 2009 – January 2010 (3 months)
• Conducted research into: grants and sponsorship that are available to support non-profit
organizations and social enterprises; fair trade certification system and procedures; volunteer
recruitment and management system.
• Responsible for public education on fair trade carpets and recording sales of carpets at Carpets
for Communities’ Sunday Market stalls.
Talent Management Director at AIESEC
December 2008 – December 2009 (1 year 1 month)
• Formulated a Human Resources strategy to achieve 75 % of member retention rate.
• Developed a student marketing and promotion strategy.
• Planned and organized the recruitment of internship applicants and AIESEC prospective
• Created RISA (Recruitment, Induction, Selection, and Allocation) Plan.
• Managed performance appraisal.
• Facilitated training, education, and coaching of members.
• Planned and organised the logistics of a fundraising event, the AIESEC Charity Movie Night,
which raised 6000 AUD.
• Undertook financial budgeting especially with regards to recruitment, reward and recognition, and
• Won AIESEC Idol Award for demonstrating AIESEC values, leadership, and competency in July
• Talent Management Team won the Best Team Award for demonstrating team productivity and
competency in July 2009.
Enrolment Services Assistant at Flinders University
January 2009 – March 2009 (3 months)
Assisted with the enrolment of new students at Flinders University, duties included answering
customer queries, problem solving and providing detailed information on online enrolment system.
Project Vacation Officer – Learning and Organisational Development at BHP Billiton
December 2008 – January 2009 (2 months)
• Created a Learning and Organizational Development Glossary which incorporates mining terms,
SAP terms, and training terms.
• Developed and maintained project plans using Microsoft Project.
• Planned and managed cross-cultural training program and its potential provider.
• Prepared a safety presentation for Learning and Organizational Development Team.
• Attended weekly safety presentations and safety meetings.
• Participated in Zero-harm safety workshop.
• Undertook research on cross-cultural perspectives on safety culture and other topics as required.
• Obtained the score of 4/5 for the Final Performance Appraisal Result.
Student Human Resources Officer at Newmont Mining Corporation
December 2007 – February 2008 (3 months)
• Conducted research into the geologist labour market to help formulate staff recruitment policies.
• Gained overview of Human Resources recruitment processes.
• Ensured completion of mandatory Personnel forms.
• Checked accuracy of form completion.
• Conducted audits of personnel files.
• Recorded data using Ellipse, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and ESS (Employee Self-Service).
• Performed various administration support duties, such as compiling and preparing reports.
• Managed the file storage room.
Curtin University of Technology
Master of Human Rights, Human Rights, 2012 – 2012
Curtin University of Technology
Graduate Certificate in Human Rights, Human Rights, 2010 – 2010
Bachelor of International Studies, International Relations and Development Studies, 2007 – 2009
Activities and Societies: Flinders University Debating and Oratorical Society, AIESEC, Amnesty
International, Carpets for Communities.
Universitas Katolik Parahyangan
Bachelor of Social Sciences, International Relations (1st year), 2006 – 2007
Activities and Societies: Parahyangan English Debating Society.
Published at : Updated