XIAOMING DING PHD
- PhD , University of Birmingham, UK – 2007
- Exchange student , University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong – 2006
- MSc , University of Birmingham, UK – 2002
- MSc , University of Birmingham, UK – 2001
- BSc , Jinan University, China – 2000
- Associate Professor, Xi’an Jiao’tong-Liverpool University – 2013 to Present
- Lecturer, Xi’an Jiao’tong-Liverpool University – 2009 to 2013
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of Birmingham – 2007 to 2008
- Analyst, Capital Dynamics Co. – 2006 to 2006
- Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, University of Birmingham – 2003 to 2007
- Corporate Finance Issues: all relevant topics of corporate finance, especially topics of Capital Structure, Dividend Policy and Corporate Governance. e.g. Pecking order theory, Simultaneity of dividend pay-out, debt and insider holding, etc
- Corporate, Banking Performance and Risk Analysis: This research idea is currently of great interest to many international organisations and funding agencies. The main challenge is to generate a rich database and build flow-of-funds modelling. Performance management in different sectors, including supply chain performance management
- Corporate Governance Issues: Includes the relationships among the many stakeholders involved and the goals for which the corporation is governed. Ensure the accountability of certain individuals in an organization through mechanisms that try to reduce or eliminate the principal-agent problem. Also focuses on the impact of a corporate governance system in economic efficiency, with a strong emphasis on shareholders’ welfare
- Financial Risk and Management: Particularly credit risk and market risk. Other types include Foreign exchange, Volatility, Sector, Liquidity, Inflation risks, etc. Financial risk management requires identifying its sources, measuring it, and address them. Financial risk management focuses on when and how to hedge using financial instruments to manage costly exposures to risk
- Venture Capital in China. This is a new research interest identified by observing the rapid growth of VC industry in China (particularly in Suzhou). Current projects focus on the exit machanism, performance measures and venture partner selection
- HUANG, X., TAN, B.L. & DING, X. 2015 ‘A Survey of Green Supply Chain Management in Chinese Manufacturing Small and Medium-sized Enterprises: Pressures and Drivers’, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, vol. 26, no. 1, p. 80 – 103
- HUANG, X., TAN, B.L. & DING, X. 2012 ‘Green Supply Chain Management Practices: An Investigation into Manufacturing SMEs in China’, International Journal of Technology Management & Sustainable Development, vol. , no. , p.
- YANG, C.Y., TAN, B & DING, X 2012 ‘Corporate Governance and Earnings Smoothing in China’, Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, vol. , no. , p.
- DING, XIAOMING & MURINDE, VICTOR 2010 ‘Simultaneous Financial Decision Making: Evidence from UK Firms’, Strategic Change: Briefings in Entrepreneurial Finance, vol. , no. , p.
Chapters, cases, readings and supplements
- DING, XIAOMING, YANG, CHI-YIH & JI, QIONG 2014, ‘Venture Capital performance and exit mechanism: evidences from Suzhou (in Chinese)’ in (eds) Collections of Excellent Social Science Studies (Suzhou), Association of Suzhou Philosophy and Social Science, pp.
- Pak, Don & DING, XIAOMING 2011, ‘China and the Global Economy in the 21st Century’ in (eds) China and the Global Economy in the 21st Century, John Saee – Routledge, pp.
- 2007-2008, 15th Annual Conference of the Multinational Finance Society, Multinational Finance Journal / Simultaneous determination of capital structure and dividend decisions under agency cost and monitoring
- 2009-2010, 3rd International Colloquium on Business & Management (ICBM) / Simultaneous determination of capital structure, dividend decisions and insider ownership: evidence from UK firms
- 2010-2011, European Financial Management (EFM) Symposium 2010 – Asian Finance / YANG, C., MURINDE, V., & DING, X. (2010). Ownership Structure, Corporate Governance and Income Smoothing in China.
- 2010-2011, 18th Annual Meeting of the Multinational Finance Society,Multinational Finance Journal / Executive Compensation, Firm Risk and Firm Value in China
- 2011-2012, Asian FA and TFA 2012 Joint International Conference / The Survival of Initial Public Offerings in China
- 2012-2013, Annual Symposium on Management and Operations Research (ASMOR) / The Impacts of Supply Chain Disruption on Financial Performance: Evidence from China
- 2012-2013, 2013 Asian Finance Association (AsianFA) Annual Conference / IPO Delisting and Underwriter Prestige in China.
- 2013-2014, The International Symposium on Social Sciences (TISSS) / Does Operating Performance Improve after Merger & Acquisition? Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies.
- 2014-2015, The 4th Annual Conference on Management and Social Sciences (ACMSS) / Certification/Monitoring,
Adverse selection / Grandstanding: Underpricing IPO and post-IPO backed by VC
- DING, XIAOMING 2013, Principal Investigator, Venture Capital Syndication and Internationalisation: Evidence from Jiangsu, 10000.0000, Jiangsu Social Science Fund
- DING, XIAOMING, JI, QIONG, YANG, Chi-Yih & LI, ZHENHUAN 2013, Principal Investigator, Status of Suzhou Venture Capital Industry and Policy Implications, 30000.0000, Suzhou Social Science Applied Research Funding Programme 2013
- DING, XIAOMING 2013, , Venture Capital Performance and Exit Mechanism in China, 0.0000, Jiangsu Philosophy and Social Sciences Research Fund (Youth Programme) 2013
- HUANG, JING, DING, XIAOMING, YANG, Chi-Yih & ZUO, LINGYAN 2010, , Executive Compensation, Firm Risk and Firm Value in China, 0.0000, Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University
Professional service activities
- 2017 2017 CIMA Global Business Challenge 2017.
- 2015 7th Global BSSRC held in Bali, Indonesia..
- 2014 Xi’an Jiaotong University.
- 2014 British Chamber of Commerce in China & China-Britain Business Council.
- 2013 Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management.
- 2013 Xi’an Jiaotong University.
- 2012 Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management.
- 2012 Xi’an Jiaotong University.
- 2012 ICAEW Policy Submit 2012.
- 2010 ICAMPA 2010 held in XJTLU.
- ACF210 Financial Management
- ACF423 Financial Strategy
- ACF601 PhD Supervision
- MAN001 Business Essentials
- MAN303 Final Year Project
- MAN401 Introduction to Research Methods I
- MAN402 Introduction to Research Methods II
- MAN403 Dissertation
Awards and honours
- 2015 Best Papers Award – 7th Global BSSRC held in Bali, Indonesia., World Business Institute, Australia
- 2015 ICAEW Special Award 2015, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- 2014 ICAEW Special Award 2014, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- 2014 3rd Prize of Excellent Thesis Award of the 8th Jiangsu Philosophy and Social Science Academic Conference, Association of Jiangsu Philosophy and Social Science
- 2014 Dean’s Award, International Business School Suzhou, XJTLU
- 2014 2nd Prize of Excellent Thesis Award of the 7th Suzhou Philosophy and Social Science Academic Conference, Association of Suzhou Philosophy and Social Science
- 2013 ICAEW Special Award 2013, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- 2013 Excellent Research Project 2013, Suzhou Social Science Fund
- 2012 Excellent Educator 2012, Suzhou Industrial Park Administrative Committee
- 2011 Subsidies for Top Talents, Suzhou Manicipal Government
- 2010 Subsidies for Top Talents, Suzhou Manicipal Government
- 2009 Subsidies for Top Talents, Suzhou Manicipal Government
- 2006 Universita21 Travel Scholarship, Universita21 University Association
- 2004 Research Student Bursary, Birmingham Business School
Published at : Updated